Next Step Sober Living
What is a sober living program?
The sober living program at Pres House Apartments is housed in a shared 4 bedroom apartment and is made up of individuals who:
- Are committed to their own recovery from substance use disorders
- Participate in recovery related activities (eg: attend a 12-step group, counseling, or other recovery programs)
- Agree to maintain an environment free of alcohol and illicit drugs in the apartment
- Are willing to offer support to others in the unit who are in recovery
- Sign an individual lease with Pres House Apartments (including co-signer form and security deposit) and sign the Next Step Program Agreement
- Participate in Next Step cohort meetings and activities and Pres House building wide activities as schedule allows
- Proactive in: seeking or pursuing educational opportunities, employment or service activities as appropriate to individual’s circumstance
Participants in Next Step are eligible to receive a rent credit of 20% per month for successful program participation.
Take the Next Step:
- Fill out the contact form at the bottom of the page to get in touch regarding this program
- Meet with the Director of Residential Community, to discuss program requirements
- Set up a tour of Pres House Apartments with the Leasing Manager (mention your interest in Next Step)
- Fill out the Next Step application; if admitted, sign the Next Step Agreement
- Sign an individual lease within 14 days of being accepted into the program (you will share a 4 bedroom apartment with other Next Step residents)
*Please note that Pres House Apartments is not a substance-free facility. Those new to recovery should consider a transitional living program prior to applying to Next Step at Pres House Apartments. Next Step will consider every applicant in active recovery; applicants with 6-9 months of sustained recovery are best suited for our level of support.