Pres House Apartments provides a home at the heart of campus and we encourage residents to take advantage of community engagement opportunities. Our community is committed to residents’ Academic Success, encouraging Personal Responsibility, fostering Community and inviting Spiritual Exploration.
Beginning in the fall of 2017 ph Apartment residents can participate in Community Engagement Opportunities (CEO), our newest scholarship program. Residents in this program are provided a menu of activities that promote connection and developing new relationships, avenues to volunteer and engage in community service, opportunities to learn something new, and an invite residents to explore spiritual practices. Participants can choose from a menu of activities, each carrying various point values to reach a goal of 250 points per semester and 500 points annually. The purpose of this program and the point system is to encourage holistic healthy living and further the values of the Pres House Apartments among residents.
Some examples of the menu of activities includes:
- Get coffee or tea with a resident from another culture (25 pts)
- Attend ph Apartment Ice Cream Social (50 pts)
- Attend weekly Afternoon Tea and talk to someone new (25 pts)
- Sit with residents you don’t know at Community Dinner and talk to them (50 pts)
- Join a small group at Pres House Church (100 points)
- Attend a social event hosted by ph Apartments or Pres House Church (Halloween Party, Christmas Party, Game Night) (75 pts)
- Volunteer at a local food pantry or soup kitchen (25-50 pts)
- Volunteer for a Habitat for Humanity Build (25-50 pts)
- Participate in service activity at Pres House Church or ph Apartments: food drive; Welcome Backpacks, Meet your Neighbor (25-50 pts)
- Semester long volunteer commitment (100 pts)
- Attend lecture or presentation hosted by Pres House /ph Apts (75 pts)
- Attend Race and Faith Event (100 pts)
- Attend lecture or presentation on campus not required by any class (50 pts)
- Take a class to learn a new skill or take up a new hobby (sailing, taekwondo, pottery, dancing) (50-75 pts)
- Attend ph Micro Community Event (75 pts)
- Attend Pres House Church Fall Retreat (100 pts)
- Walk the Pres House Labyrinth during Finals (25 pts.)
- Visit a local faith community you have never visited before (eg. Hillel, a local church, Buddhist meditation)
- (75 pts.)
- Take a class or practice meditation, centering prayer, mindfulness, yoga, tai chi (50 pts.)
- Participants must sign up with Director of Residential Community to participate; limited number of scholarships available each lease year. DRC will audit progress throughout the year and assign points.
- Participants must complete at least one activity in every area/quadrant of menu.
- Participants must complete at least 200 points by end of fall semester to remain in good standing.
- Participants with fewer than 100 participation points by end of fall semester will be discontinued and scholarship revoked. Participants who do not earn any points will repay any scholarship credits given.
- Participants with between 100-200 points will lose scholarship until 200 points are reached.
- Participants without 500 points by the end of May will lose scholarship for summer lease months.
For information or to request an application use the contact form above or visit Ginger Morgan’s office on the 6th floor of Pres House Apartments Monday-Friday 9 am to 5 pm.